Monday, January 28, 2013

Introduction

Hi there!  My name's Joana.  As I write this, I'm recently graduated from college.  I possess a Bachelor of Fine Arts in creative writing from the University of Maine at Farmington, which is a fancy way of saying I spent four-and-a-half years hating myself and those around me as I pumped out inhuman amounts of writing. I also have backgrounds in the health and psychology fields simply because I took a load of classes about them while gunning for my degree.

The title of this blog comes from my senior portfolio, which I titled "In Words and Tea Bottles." I love iced tea, particularly the kind that comes in those neat glass bottles that have random trivia on the caps.  My final semester of college, I drank a LOT of iced tea.  It was a bit alarming for some people, but what can you do?

I'm currently unemployed, however I do freelance work.  Mostly proofing/copy editing of all kinds of writing, as well as audio transcription.  I'm just starting out so the work is slow, but I hope by becoming more active in the writing community again, I can build up a reputation and get people to trust me with their work more.

I suppose that's all.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment