Thursday, September 19, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday!



Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, focused on helping people gain followers and get to know each other.  Each week we're given a question or activity!

This week's question:

What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid? If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?

By far, my favorite book as a kid was Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Other Coconutty Songs

I had my older sister read it to me so many times that I had it memorized!  She also likes to tell me how much I enjoyed Eloise at the Plaza, but I don't really remember that one, oops.  Other ones I liked as a kid were those large, hardback picture books that were based off Disney movies.  My grandmother had a ton of them so I'd read them whenever I went to stay with her.

I don't have kids of my own, but I've been sure to spoil my nephew, who's at that age (he just entered school).  I've gotten him Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom, Madeline and The Complete Adventures of Curious George.

15 comments:

  1. Haven't read that one, but it looks fun. I'm in the same boat--no kids but spoil my niece. :D Old follower via bloglovin'. :D

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely read the Disney's! They were wonderful!

    New follower via GFC.
    My FF

    Emily @All in a Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I hope I have a little girl so I can read her Eloise and Madeleine.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that one as a kid, but not one of my absolute faves. Really liked Madeleine though! :) Great pick. New Bloglovin, Facebook and Twitter follower.

    My FF:

    http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-me-friday-28-picture-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw great pick! Brings back some memories! Check out what I picked =)

    New FB follower


    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm spoiled my niece too!! LOL! I memorized these book and I'll add my '' What should I buy and read my niece'' list :D Great picks :D

    Old Follower via GFC.
    New Follower via Twitter.
    Here's my Feature -->http://bookerlikeahooker.blogspot.com/2013/09/feature-and-follow-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like fun and I haven't read that yet.

    New follower via GFC.

    Night of Snow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really glad that my friend has small children as I can shower them with books. They'll outgrow clothes fairly quickly but good books are timeless. Here’s my F&F
    Old Bloglovin’ follower
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't read this when I was little, but as I went to school to be a preschool teacher, I read this book ALOT. it's adorable!

    old follower!

    Here's my FF

    Amber@Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yea curious George that was a good one! you can check out my list here: http://caitstruelife.wordpress.com/2013/09/20/follow-me-friday-childhood-books/

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a good weekend new follower via bloglovin and facebook
    Jodie @ Aussie Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like such a cute story!

    New follower via gfc, haven't done a ff in a while but it's great to see some new faces i've never seen before!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ TwinjabookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just got this book for my daughter.
    She absolutely LOVES it, and Chicka Chicka 123.
    New Bloglovin' Follower.
    You can find me at My Favorite Things.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading about banned picture books all week (I was making a display in the Children's Library where i work), and i learned that both "Chicka Chicka" and "Eloise in Paris" have been banned/challenged! The first because they confused the author, Bill Martin, with another Bill Martin who wrote a book on Marxism, haha. And the second because one of the paintings that Eloise looks at in the museum has nude figures in it. Sheesh.

    Here's my FF, if you're interested!:
    http://thepookapicks.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/feature-follow-friday-9/

    ReplyDelete