Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I've finally done it

I've decided to self-publish one of my novels.  It's not that I won't continue the path towards commercial publication, but I kind of feel like I want something of mine out there, y'know?  And maybe it'll be the kick I need to really get back into writing and reading.

The novel I've decided to self-publish is Nowhere Fast.  It's a young adult novel about a boy named Niel, whose mother died because of breast cancer about a year before the novel starts.  He meets Sam, a college student who is student teaching at his school that semester and seems to share his love of going out and watching cargo trains.

Of course the novel itself is very, very rough still, or most of it is, anyway.  A portion of it was in my senior workshop portfolio for my BFA and people seemed to like it.  But it means there's still a ton of work to do.  I'd love help, of course.  I have to work through and convert it to present tense (I'd started but never finished) but after that, I'd really love as much feedback as possible so I can get it polished.  But I suppose editing and such will come after I've done the initial work.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment