Thursday, August 1, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday!



Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  The point of the meme is to give blogs more exposure and followers, while helping us get to know each other!

This week's question:

 How do you handle a book you don’t like? Do you DNF or do you power through?

I personally power through unless I really, really don't like it.  I don't like to leave a book unread, and I do try avoid books that I obviously won't like so there is some filter for my reading list.  But, my reviews don't remain completely positive so it's not like my reputation as a reader or book reviewer will suffer if I have to say some things about a book I didn't like.

7 comments:

  1. I usually DNF. I only stay if I like the characters. New follower, check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to avoid books I don't like either, which is why I REFUSE to review certain genres...and yet I keep finding myself in a situation where I'm reading a book, seeing all 5 stars reviews on Goodreads, and wondering WTF do I just want to slam my head against a wall instead of reading another paragraph.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will usually power through unless it is a book that actually offends me, as a reader. And yes, that has happened. I prefer to give both positive and negative reviews on my blog, so this helps! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

    Great answer this week! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kinda depends on the book for me, I'm more likely to DNF if it's really not grabbing me and I have a pile of books waiting... Some books are worth sticking it out though. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way. I hate not finishing books! I'm a new GFC follower. :b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually I will give a book 50-100 pages before I DNF if I'm not enjoying it. I used to power through but I no longer have the time and it turned reading into a chore. There are too many books on my tbr pile for me to feel guilty and I'm picky about what I read, so only have 1 DNF so far!

    New follower :)

    Mia Hoddell

    Gift card giveaway -> more entries = more money given away

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to not finish a book. It does happen occasionally though. I always give it my best effort before giving up.
    New follower!
    Laura
    www.thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete